Join the team and become an MKC Photographer!
I'm so excited to be hiring an associate photographer to help provide the MKC Photography graduate experience to University of Alabama graduates! The Associate will work along MK to learn the ropes and eventually take on graduate shoots of their own!
You may already have your own photography business, be looking for something part-time, have just graduated or are a seasoned pro with some gaps in your schedule. I’m not picky as long as you are a hard worker!
My graduates are extremely important to me, and trusting someone to work with them under my name comes with some high expectations, but if you think the person below describes you, I can't wait to bring you on the team!
As and MKC Photography team member, I would have you photographing University of Alabama graduates, as well as possibly some out-of-town graduates if you're up for the travel! I get inquiries from all over the SEC, and other parts of the Southeast, and just can't make it everywhere!
Who would this role benefit?
- This role is perfect for the person who is passionate about photography, but is uninterested or unexperienced in the business side of graduate photography.
- Someone looking into getting into graduate photography. I provide training in my brand style!
- Someone who is interested in photography as a side-hustle, but maybe not a full-time gig just yet.
- A photographer who just wants to shoot and work with accomplished young adults but not worry about edits, marketing, or client interaction on the front end.
Perks of the Job:
- Getting paid to do what you love.
- Work with great people + clients.
- NO editing. You shoot, I handle the rest.
- One-on-one mentoring with MKC!
- I make really awesome chocolate chip cookies and will probably bombard you with them.
What I'm Looking For:
- A kind spirit and friendly personality
- Casual but professional. Being punctual is the most important attribute. 5 minutes early is 10 minutes late.
- Experience as photographer, portrait photography experience preferred, but being teachable is more important
- Ability to learn posing workflows, and direct graduates with confidence (this will come in time)
- Professional gear
- Access to own vehicle for business travel
- Communicating with clients pre-booking and in planning their session. It’s important that if you are the primary shooter that you have a prior relationship with them.
- Photographing graduates alongside MKC as a second photographer until hired. You'll receive training in my client work flow, and once hired, will be expected to implement that process at your shoots.
- Photographing graduates who have booked you through MKC Photography.
- This will be a position that is compatible with another part time or full time job.
- This position does not include in-studio / office work, but it will require that you be available some weekends and evenings (for sessions), at big team events, and regular team meetings.
- You’ll have to commit to covering graduate sessions up to 8 months in advance at times.
- Our interview process is not quick, but it’s effective, so get ready!
- Graduate photography isn't for everyone. The ideal will need a love for graduate photography, flexible schedule, patience and a willingness to work hard.
- I will be responsible for the booking process, administration, post processing, and delivery of the finished product to clients.